Tuesday, July 04, 2006

not so smart mommy moment

So as you can tell from the previous post, I love the 4th of july. Strep or not. Well so we came home from my parents bbq, which got rained in, and decided that it would be okay to do some poppers and some sparklers. The ultimate little kid firework.

remembering that chilly is three, and doesn't listen all that well, you can imagine what I'm dealing with tonight. Yup a big ole nasty burn across his palm where he tried to hold his burned out sparkler.

on the good side, we still ate microwave smores and stayed up way past our bedtime. Of course that coudl be due to the fact that the neighbors sound like they are setting off bombs.

So again, Happy 4th of July!

7 comments:

ubercyl said...

Oh, that sounds so painful, poor Chilly!

big d said...

"celebrate the independence of your country, by blowing up a small piece of it!"


how's the hand doing?

ShelahBooksIt said...

I hope this means you're feeling better!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Independence Day! What a rotten way to spend it. I hope you feel better soon!

MusicalMom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MusicalMom said...

(Sorry--had to delete a glaring typo!)

Ouch! I hope Chilly's feeling better.

Sparklers scare me--so it's probably a good thing I wasn't around for the fireworks at the in-laws house Tuesday night. MusicalDad was there supervising the kids. He's a lot more fun that I am. lol

emlouisa said...

Glad you had fun! NOT good though about chilly. Silly kid.