Tuesday, September 04, 2007

in memoriam

my grandpa died 17 years ago today. i was getting dressed for school. my dad came in and told me that my grandfather had a major heart attack and had died during the night. i remember walking through a cloud for the next couple of days until his funeral.

his funeral was sad, people were sad. i was still young and i didn't really get it. i'm glad he was taken then, instead of now. i wouldn't be able to get through it now.

so i just want to hug my family, who are all missing this great man today. i want to give him a hug and tell him thanks. thanks for picking out three great boys. thanks for helping me through some really tough times. my grandpa is there for me today, you just can't see him.

fussy is named after him, with good reason. (he wasn't fussy himself, but you know, fussy's real name) not that we knew why that was at the time. fussy is a real life connection to my grandpa. one that you can't deny. what an example he has to live up to!


i miss you grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful tribute. He was a great man.