Friday, December 18, 2009

being responsible sucks

i was talking with a good friend the other night, about how hard it is to be the responsible one.

we were both sharing stories about people in our lives, who made bad decisions. people who knowingly made wrong choices. and the consequences that came from the bad choices. not one consequence ever seemed to fit. in fact, most of the time, they ended up in a better spot. due to the fact that everyone else helped them out.

so what is the difference? how does one become irresponsible? i'd like to learn. i'd like to have people take care of me for once. to watch my kids, or buy them lessons. i'd like to understand how it all works out. maybe even being half-responsible would work?

4 comments:

Darren said...

I hear that. Sometimes I want to say: "Screw groceries or the mortgage, I'm buying a Wii and a giant TV to play it on!"

Family will buy me groceries and the church will pay my mortgage, so why don't I just buy what I want.

Actually, I'd rather be responsible than an ass. I don't think I could take the guilt. Of course, sometimes I still get jealous...

Love, Deborah said...

I totally know what you mean, I know people like that. It does suck.

Laurel said...

if you figure it out, let me know. and amen, big d! it does suck, and it's hard not to be jealous. but what do you do?

The Tifa said...

you know if you ever want to be irresponsible you do have two nieces just down the road who can watch your kids as you do irresponsible stuff...