Monday, February 27, 2006

STREP

Has it been a week yet. It sure feels like it. It doesn't matter how long you really were sick, it still feels like it was LONGER.

I had strep. AGAIN. This is the third time in 2 months. After 28 years of never having this horrid disease. My diabetically skinny DR. informed me that if I get it again, he's going to take out my tonsils. Hmm, I'd like to see ya try buster. Remember me, I'm the whole natural childbirth lady?? Yeah, it's not because I wanted the wonderful experience of "feeling" my baby be born. NO, it is the whole idea of hospitals, drugs, needles that scares the hell out of me.

I'm a chicken. A real honest scaredy-cat when it comes to hospitals. Just the smell freaks me out. And they do smell. I'm okay with a clinic; seeing the dr. at his office. But take me to a hospital, and I get heart palpitations, sweaty palms, and that is just in the parking lot. I used to be this same way with dentists. Oh yeah, I still am. If you are having a baby, and you choose to birth in a hospital, don't be offended if I don't visit. I don't know what the big deal is, and frankly I don't care, just keep me away from the hospital and I'm fine.

So if you know of any tricks, any means to keep yourself strep free, I'd really like to hear them.

No comments: