Here's my list of 6 things that make me...well....ME:
6. I remember actors and voices in movies. I know this is a really weird thing, that is why I am starting with it. Have you ever wondered where you have seen that actor before, what other movies has he done? Well, I become obsessed with it. I have to figure it out, then I have to announce it to everyone watching the movie with me. I also do it with voices. Animations. Man that lion sounds familiar, who is it?? IT will bug me the entire movie, and if I haven't figured it out when the credits roll, I get pretty upset. I go here a lot.
5. I am an information junkie. I research almost everything. What products to buy, and why, what childhood diseases do...The effects of fertilizer on ground water...EVERYTHING. Maybe it is because I watch too much PBS with big D.
4. I am a hypochondriac. I believe this goes hand in hand with the researching of everything. But I pretty much always am on the verge of some illness, or something. I must be the biggest baby at my house. I also project my fears of sickness onto my kids. A runny nose= a sinus infection. Good thing big d brings me back to reality. He's the one who never thinks anything is wrong.
3. Floor care is my stress reliever. Not only do I vacuum when I am stressed, upset, or otherwise not happy, now I sweep, mop, and swiffer too. Blame it on my mom, she was serious about her carpet lines.
2. I practice accents. Not only do I have rehearsal conversations (in the car, or while I am cleaning the house) but I am always practicing my dialects. I know, it is weird. I find myself listening to foreign actors, and then repeating them, trying to sound like them. Or I'll change them from English to Irish, southern to Italian. I once had to do a Russian dialect for a show I did, I think that is where it all started....Maybe my voice and diction class in college. Whenever it started, I wish I could stop, I mean, when am I ever going to play a Jamaican??? It is weird, and it annoys me, but I still do it.
1. I count. I count push ups, sit ups, stairs. I count the socks as I fold them, or putting away the dishes. I am always counting. Funny thing about it is, I suck at math. I even suck at sudoku, even though I am also addicted to it.
I'm pretty much only tagging BIG D. Everyone else has already been tagged. I know you are all curious as to what makes Big D weird. (the list is endless) I think it would have been much more entertaining to have him write mine, and I write his. Ah well, maybe next time!