Friday, April 14, 2006

I've been burned before....

The melmac. The stuff I bought at auction about a month ago was made in the 50's. Apparently they didn't have microwaves back then. When it goes in the microwave it heats up to about a billion degrees- close to the temperature of the sun. The slightest touch will send you screaming to the tap, drowning your finger in ice cold water. Yeah, poor Big D is in the shower, wondering what the heck is going on. Tears streaming down my face and a big purple finger later, I decided it is time for it to go. My microwave. The melmac is too purdy to throw out.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Owch!!! Farewell poor microwave, lol!

Pssst - you've been tagged!
http://sunnymomma23.blogspot.com/

lackrik said...

LOL! Not sure if I could live without a microwave....that would be a tough call. ;)

big d said...

it got me too. i don't think i can live without a microwave. i just make sure i nuke stuff on the stoneware.

Stacy said...

That sucks! It IS beautiful turquoise melmac...