Tuesday, June 27, 2006

just a couple of things...

1. Watch out for moody posts. Big D just left this morning and won't be back for 3 weeks. I'm officially a theatre widow again. At least I'm not sending him on a mission across some ocean to be gone forever long. At least we still have cell phones and can call each other whenever. At least I'm not really co-dependent....Right??? Oops, yup, I am. This is going to be hard.

2. The news is out. The big news. I think everybody knows, and although it has been a fun secret for a while, it is getting harder to keep (as is my lunch, breakfast, and dinner) . So the family knows, the internet world should be catching up, and kids couldn't be more excited to both be big brothers.

3. Harry is on his last week of kindergarten. Of course he has had his report card for about 3 weeks already, and I don't think they are necessarily actually doing ANYTHING productive at school. In fact, it wouldn't take much for me to keep him home, especially seeing that I don't really want to take him to school when I'm feeling like harfing up my cheerios.

4. Only 2 more weeks until my event filled trip to pick up big d, with my mom. I'm looking forward to some serious girl time, talk and advice. You know, she raised four kids, and I'm scared as hell when I think I'll be in charge of 3. I mean, I like being in charge. It is cool being the boss, but something about having 3 makes me break out in a sweat. (maybe that is just hormones too). It could be the outnumbered factor.

5. That movie...Cars? Yeah, little boys love it. The feel good redneck movie of the year. And now all Chilly is saying (besides anything to do with "stinky buttcrack") is gijow or gabow or however you would spell that. Thanks for the movie big d, and thanks to shopko and walmart for the toys.

6. And the last thing I wanted to mention. Well, I didn't witness this one, but since big d isn't going to be blogging anytime soon, I thought I'd talk about how gross little boys are. I know everybody knows their topics for conversation are a bit lacking, but apparently, my boys, when they had been sent upstairs to get their pj's on, they had stripped down and were folding cards and sticking them in their buttcracks. I know this topic is horribly crude, but I couldn't get over the fact how mortified big d was. Terribly funny if you ask me. Of course every time we see one of those card it gets thrown away. And we get to talk about our bodies again. AND hopefully get the boys to stop saying "stinky buttcrack" to each other. Not that it isn't amusing, it is just getting old.

so there you have it.

7 comments:

ShelahBooksIt said...

bummer about being on your own about the stinky boys! I am SO very excited for you and your #3!!!!

Carrie Snider said...

Oh how I miss my little brothers... not!

big d said...

it was pretty funny, but i couldn't let them know that!

scraphappymama said...

Yea!!! I am so excited for you and the long anticipated arrival of number 3. Very happy for ya'll. The story of your boys was hilarious!!

S said...

hope the three weeks passes quickly and LOL about the cards

AJ said...

(Snort) "Stinky buttcrack" *giggle giggle*
Will I ever grow up?

Stacy said...

Hahahaha! Boys will be boys!