Friday, June 30, 2006

So that is it

The last day of Kindergarten. And it was a short day as well. Harry got up early and still dawdled around the house. Chilly had to be woken up again to take his brother to school. Harry was upset because he had to take a sponge. He got a treat and a present for his teacher that we put in a bag and put stickers all on. Off he went this morning. When I went to pick him up, he gave his best girlfriend a hug and jumped in the van. We came home and he got his backpack stuffed full and I found a yearbook I didn't think I paid for, and a cute message from his teacher. His homework book and a lot of crayons.

that is it, the end.

I'm a little sad though. I mean kindergarten was still a little kid. He will be in 1st grade. I'm thrilled about the whole day thing, not having to pick him up after 2 hours or so, but I am sad that he will be gone so much.

Well, we have three weeks until he goes back. I'm sure by then, we both will be begging for the longer school day.

2 comments:

big d said...

hard to belive he is a first grader! how fun.

Stacy said...

WOW!!! A big kid, huh? That's what A thinks Kindergarten is...