Friday, March 10, 2006

So it again is that time of the week. You know the one I'm talking about. Friday. I don't go to a day job, and yet every week it is a joy when Friday comes. You'd think I'd be indifferent, I mean, when do I ever get a real vacation? I am a mom 24/7 and it doesn't matter what day of the week, or time of the day.

Today was a birthday. I took the boys to play with Ms. Birthday girl at the local Mikky D's. They played for over 2 1/2 hours! When we were leaving, I got the movie Zathura for the boys to watch at home. They watched the entire movie (minus a few minutes of hiding under the blanket) and I ended up watching it with them, not because it was particularly good, but because there is something fun about snuggling on the couch at 3:00pm, watching my boys enjoy a movie.

And what is for dinner tonight? I have no idea. I don't really even want to think about it. I hate deciding what to make for dinner. We have to be done and over with by six, so we can go back to birthday girls house for presents, cake, and ice cream.

so it is Friday, and there is something special about that day. Now if only big d would hurry up home so we can start relaxing for the weekend.

No comments: