Friday, March 17, 2006

There is a funny little game we play...

at the supermarket. Or any big store with shopping carts. Big D takes a cart and loads a kid, and I take a cart and load the other kid. Then we split. The boys LOVE this game. Ever played hide-and-go-seek with your kids? Try it at Walmart with a shopping cart on a Saturday.

Our last battle was this last Thursday. We were bored from our lack of vacation, and were on the quest for some St. Patrick's Day fare. We had hit a lot of other stores, and by this time, the boys were exhausted with being good. So we let our hair down and played. I had Harry. He is a good lookout. He sits in the big basket off the front with his arm outstretched to poke big d's rear. Big D had Chilly, and I was happy about that one because Chilly tends to have a loud laugh. Chilly laughs during the pursuit, and when they are hiding. He's a dead give away. Now don't be alarmed, we take great care to not run over any other customers, or knock into any other carts.

So Harry and I are doing really well. After a quick chase in the grocery side of the store, where I am sure we were moments away from being kicked out ,we lost Big D somewhere near the seasonal items, and were heading down the supplement aisle. I had parked the cart, scheming about my plan with Harry. We were going to catch Big D and ram him! I had parked and Harry was on the lookout when my phone rang. My first thought was that Big D was trying to lure me out of hiding. Ha! Not so easy chum! I am getting better at the game more and more, but he's tricky. He is artful at the cart game. He is a master at changing directions, he is great at hiding behind things. He practically blends into the scenery. He like a chameleon of price tags and clearance items. Even with a giggling Chilly, he is a tough one to spot. I am not so graceful. I guess it comes from that competitive nature I have, but I really want to catch him off guard. I figured this was my moment,I'm going to let him come to me. I was going to surprise ram him right out of the maxi pad isle. He'd never see it coming. I was hiding behind the adult diapers with my ringing bum. I checked the I.D. and I knew he'd won. Somehow he had called my scouts and reminded them to remind me that I was late to the meeting that I had scheduled. I know he did it. He, of course, denies the whole thing. You know, we really were having a great time. Harry and I were going to win! Big D is a horrible looser, he just can't let someone else win the shopping cart game.

3 comments:

big d said...

it is fun, isn't it? i'm not a sore loser... besides there was no victory. the game was called early because of cub scouts.

Meemer said...

Hmm, that is my point. Who called who?

Stacy said...

lol If C reads this we'll be at Walmart for FHE! GREAT game idea!